WASHINGTON SNOWMOBILE TRAIL MAP APP UPDATED AND FREE - AVAILABLE FOR ANDROID & IPHONE! (Jan '21)
- The Snowmobile WA app has seen a lot of improvements over the last 12 months thanks to users and sponsors. This app offers enthusiasts the information they need to hit the snow including trails, trailheads
, places to ride, and select businesses that cater to snowmobilers. Trails include groomed routes that make up the Washington Sno-Park system, other roads popular with snowmobile clubs, and connected trails in Priest Lake Idaho and the Tollgate area of the Umatilla
National Forest in Oregon. Once you download the maps, your phone's built in GPS will keep you navigating in areas without a cell signal. Click on a trailhead
to learn what pass is required along with information about facilities and parking. The public lands background tells you where you can ride off trail, where you have stay on designated trails, and where snowmobiles are not allowed so you can have fun and stay legal. Each trail and trailhead
also links to the appropriate avalanche forecast so you can check conditions before you head out. Click here to go to the Snowmobile WA online map
, or explore the embedded version below.
Be sure to check out the other recreation map and app offerings from Washington Hometown by clicking here.
IS YOUR SNOWMOBILE CLUB THRIVING? (Dec '17)
- At the November WSSA Leadership Meeting, Jon Ferrian
, WSSA's Safety Chair/NWAC
Board member/member of multiple clubs, presented a PowerPoint
presentation on building and maintaining a thriving club. Check it out and see if there are ideas in it for you. (Do you have something to add? If so, let us know!) Click here for the presentation.
OSV DESIGNATIONS ON NATIONAL FORESTS (Dec '17)
- It's coming! The Forest Service has been directed to complete travel plans for over-snow vehicles (OSV
). This process will require diligence on the part of snowmobilers to ensure we don't lose any important trails or riding areas. While it hasn't started in ernest here in WA, it has in CA. Check out this letter sent to the Lassen
National Forest by the BlueRibbon
Coalition. Issues pertaining to the Pacific Crest Trail are relevant here. Read the letter here.
LOOKING FOR SNOWMOBILE SAFETY AND ACCESS INFORMATION? (Jun '14)
- The Snowmobile Safety and Access Information Center is provided by the American Council of Snowmobile Associations in fulfillment of a cooperative agreement with the U.S. Federal Highway Administration (FHWA
) to support snowmobile safety and access training and product development. Your one stop shop; click here
to visit www.snowmobileinfo.org!
WSSA IS ON FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM & TWITTER (Jan '10)
- Search "Washington State Snowmobile Association" on Facebook and become a fan! We are "wssa
.us" on Instagram. Check us on Twiter
too at "wssaus