The Washington State Snowmobile Association (WSSA) believes it is important to recognize and honor those who make significant contributions to organized snowmobiling in our state and accomplishes this through an awards program with presentations occurring at the annual banquet held on President’s Day weekend.
In order for WSSA to recognize these worthy individuals/clubs/businesses, we need help from the local clubs and others to seek out and nominate them. If you know of a standout in any of the categories listed below, please submit nominations by January 31st, 2017.
• Club of the Year
• Club President of the Year
• Dealer of the Year
• Groomer of the Year
• Snowmobiler/Snowmobile Couple of the Year
1. Nominees must be WSSA members in good standing, except in the Groomer category. In the case of Club President, the club represented must also be a member of WSSA.
2. Information presented in the nomination must take place between January 1st, 2016 and January 1st, 2017. The club president award is the only exception. This award shall encompass the President’s term of office.
3. Award nominations must be received by the deadline. See nomination forms for specifics on submitting the nominations.
4. The nominations must be in a Microsoft Word document or typewritten. Nominations must follow the application format. No other documentation is requested at this time. (Any other documentation submitted at this time such as photos, newspaper articles, etc., will not be considered in the selection process.)
5. WSSA may submit the winners of certain categories to other groups for competition on the national level. If that were to happen, further documentation will be requested at the appropriate time. These categories currently are Snowmobiler/Couple of the Year, Groomer of the Year, and Dealer of the Year.
6. The winners of the WSSA awards will be decided by an independent, non-partial group of persons willing to evaluate the nominations according to Award Committee guidelines.
Please contact WSSA Awards Chair Ronna Younie at email@example.com or (509) 698-5619 with any questions or to submit nominations. Her mailing address is 1210 McGonagle Rd., Selah, WA 98942.